Accounting Associate, Accounts Payable
Making more from less is just what we do: more of that home-cooked quality from a smaller-scale, allergy-friendly bakery, and more community and personal impact from the small, everyday choices we’re making to live our values of betterment through mindfulness, and collaboration through transparency. Because delicious food doesn’t have to be at odds with nutrition or safety, and at 88 Acres we’re growing that change seed by seed.
88 Acres is a true growth-stage startup. We are a lean team of passionate foodies who punch above our weight. What does that mean? It means that everyone on our team wears many hats, gives 110% effort every single day, solves problems, innovates and has a ton of fun.
We produce a variety of seed-based foods right here in Boston - bars, butters, seednola, dressings - selling through a multitude of distribution channels - distributors, discovery retail, online, food service, and partners such as JetBlue and Jamba.
- Entering all invoices / payables into QuickBooks
- Pay all invoices either through check or ACH on a timely basis
- Entering all purchase orders received from customers
- New customer and vendor set-up (inc. W9)
- Help establish appropriate controls and procedures for Accounts Payable
- Accounts receivable follow up on old outstanding balances
- Monthly bank / cash reconciliation
- Maintain AP / AR ledgers – removing duplicate accounts etc
- Reconciling receipts from both Amazon and Shopify channels
- Reconcile and code credit card payments on a monthly basis
- Other tasks as required to support the accounting and finance function
- Based in Canton MA for 2/3 days a week; remote working for remainder of time
- Strong communication skills; attention to detail; adaptability and problem-solving skills
- QuickBooks experience is required and Quickbooks Enterprise experience is a plus
- Strong Excel / Google Sheets is required
- Food or manufacturing background a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting / finance is preferred
All candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
88 Acres is an equal opportunity employer. 88 Acres will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.