Ecommerce and Digital Marketing Retention Manager
88 Acres is a Boston-based food company, thoughtfully crafting bars and butters with whole seeds and simple ingredients — just like you would at home. We make everything in our allergy-friendly Bakery, to fuel job creation into an area of need, and to foster a more inclusive and empowered community. 88 Acres can be found nationally across grocers such as Whole Foods and Sprouts, paired with your favorite smoothie at Jamba, and on-board JetBlue flights.
The Ecommerce Retention Manager will be a self-starter that is responsible for marketing programs and strategies that drive increased customer retention and sales. They will support the daily execution of marketing emails, the promotional calendar as well as drive subscriber acquisition and optimize customer experience. They will track key customer and channel metrics on an ongoing basis, and share insights and recommendations on strategy optimizations with the team. This person will have the ability to react to changing business needs by modifying plans and adjusting strategies and deliverables effectively and efficiently.
- Own and execute all retention related strategies and activities including, but not limited to, email flows and campaigns, loyalty and referral programs, unboxing, lead generation and subscription programs.
- Work with agency partners to optimize email campaign strategies to drive customer retention and sales, including lifecycle emails and personalized triggers.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis on email campaign performance with clear direction to the team on what they can try to do differently to drive increased performance.
- Own and execute the DTC promotional calendar in order to drive predictable spikes in site revenue.
- Lead and optimize all areas of customer experience including unboxing and customer service.
- Gather and disseminate key insights from retention activities.
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify industry trends and best practices.
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree required.
- 2-5 years of email, retention, and/or performance marketing experience, preferably in the e-commerce industry.
- Strong analytical skills and proven track record of turning insights into actionable plans.
- Solid understanding of the retail, e-commerce, and email marketing industries and KPIs.
- Ability to react to changing business needs by modifying plans and adjusting deliverables efficiently.
- Strong project management skills managing deadlines, calendars, and data needs.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities and manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to build relationships to achieve team goals.
- Experience with Shopify, Klaviyo and Google Analytics a plus.
Director of Performance Marketing
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
All candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
88 Acres is an equal opportunity employer. 88 Acres will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.