Field Sales and Marketing Manager, New England
88 Acres is a Boston-based food company, thoughtfully crafting bars and butters with whole seeds and simple ingredients — just like you would at home. We make everything in our allergy-friendly Bakery, to fuel job creation into an area of need, and to foster a more inclusive and empowered community. 88 Acres can be found nationally across grocers such as Whole Foods and Sprouts, paired with your favorite smoothie at Jamba, and on-board JetBlue flights.
We’re looking to add a Field Sales & Marketing Manager (FSM) to support existing brand efforts and forge new partnerships throughout New England, with a larger focus on the I-495 loop.
The New England FSM will work within the Demand Team. The candidate should have some experience in grocery retail with consumer brands and have excellent interpersonal skills, confidence, and can work well independently.
- Be the primary feet on the street lead for sales and marketing efforts in our backyard of New England, owning current in-store relationships and sales expansion opportunities across grocery, discovery and food service partners.
- Execute and close sales calls for key accounts in respective areas to achieve target sales goals.
- With a focus on key retail accounts, ensure that our products are well stocked with expanding assortments and have greatest brand exposure by getting new secondary placement throughout the store tied with incremental merchandising efforts.
- Own expansion of the market with sales efforts into discovery accounts (cafes, hotels, gyms, corporate partners, etc.), ensuring seamless on-boarding and on-going support.
- Drive creative field marketing efforts through key retail partners (sampling efforts, event participation, etc.) as well as through building relationships with other mission-driven businesses and organizations.
- Transport, replace and maintain in-store merchandising assets for accounts.
- Place orders, in some cases deliver & pack out, and merchandise 88 Acres product where needed to help support display and resolve any out of stock activity.
- Be the primary 88 Acres ambassador for consumer interactions in-store, at events, etc.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to increase sales, space and productivity in an account while maintaining satisfactory customer service.
Performance in part will be measured by product velocity and sales growth within the region. Weekly check-ins with team members and initial training will take place in Boston-area headquarters.
- BA/BS degree.
- 1+ year of relevant experience in food, nutrition, sales or related roles. Grocery retail and merchandising experience is a plus.
- Interest in health, wellness and sustainability.
- Willingness to build meaningful relationships with key partners requiring extensive travel within a regional coverage area.
- Self starter, entrepreneurial, and drive to win
- Ability to build strategic plans and execute to achieve growth goals.
- Excellent communication, both written and interpersonal.
- Be customer oriented & have ability to solve customer issues
- Must be able to take direction and respond to coaching.
- Position requires a valid driver's license and the ability to lift heavy boxes up to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
All candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
88 Acres is an equal opportunity employer. 88 Acres will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.