Fulfillment and Warehouse Assistant
Position Title: Fulfillment and Warehouse Assistant
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
FLSA: Non Exempt
88 Acres (88acres.com) is a Boston-based healthy food company. We create snacks free of the most common food allergens, hand crafted in small batches with simple ingredients & designed for everybody to enjoy. As a mission driven company, 88 Acres fuels inner city job creation through its Boston-based production facility. In addition to vertical integration and our philosophy on radical transparency, we’re implementing an omni-channel sales strategy leveraging strategic partners as well as e-commerce. Launched in spring 2015, 88 Acres' 4 product lines-- seed-based bars, seed butters, seed’nola, and seed dressings--can now be found across 4000+ natural grocery, active lifestyle retailers and corporate partners throughout country.
88 Acres Foods is looking to bring on a Fulfillment and Warehouse Assistant to join its growing team! This position will be based out of the 88 Acres warehouse at 65 Shawmut Road in Canton, MA.
The Fulfillment and Warehouse Assistant will be working with the Warehouse Team to ensure that the highest safety, quality, and productivity standards are achieved. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work as part of a team, have attention to detail and be diligent to maintain compliance with procedures.
The Fulfillment and Warehouse Assistant will split their time between the Warehouse and the Fulfillment Center (both in the same building) to work with both teams on all shipping and logistics needs. The Assistant will help ensure that orders are shipped on time, traceability is maintained, and the warehouse and fulfillment area stay organized.
- Ship direct-to-consumer and wholesales orders (pick products, pack orders, print labels)
- Build sample packs
- Restock the fulfillment area
- Fill out paperwork for traceability
- Help conduct weekly and monthly inventory
- Print cases and palletize products in the Warehouse
- Verify paperwork accuracy and completeness prior to shipping
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Supervisor and Fulfillment Supervisor to review objectives and priorities. Weekly meetings with the Performance Marketing and Brand Marketing teams to coordinate on DTC promotions and unboxing experience improvements.
- Provide feedback to the Fulfillment Supervisor and/or Warehouse Manager and help identify solutions to improve efficiency and quality
- Maintain clean and organized work areas
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Time Management and Scheduling – Juggling multiple responsibilities, being on time, meeting deadlines and sticking to schedules.
- Organization – Maintaining and organizing records in compliance with the applicable regulations
- Safety Conscious – Comply by all safety rules to maintain a safe work environment
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience working in a warehouse and/or fulfillment center required, preferably with food products
- Attention to detail is a must
- Strong and effective communication skills – written & oral
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Google Suite (Google Doc, Sheet, Gmail, etc.)
- English speaking. Portuguese, Cape Verdean Creole or Spanish bilingual a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Prolonged standing for extended periods
- Lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying up to 50 pounds
- Squatting and bending repeatedly
- Working with one or both hands extended overhead
All candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.