Note: Dark Chocolate Peppermint Sunflower Seed Butter was a Limited Edition flavor in 2021, and is not currently available. If you can't wait to try this recipe, give it a try with our original Dark Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter and a dash of peppermint extract to taste, and tell us how it goes!
This rich Dark Chocolate Peppermint Buttercream Frosting was created by Stephanie Steinhauser-Wampler (@stephanies.haus) and features our Limited Edition Dark Chocolate Peppermint Sunflower Seed Butter for a festive kick of peppermint on your favorite frosted treats. You can find more of her drool-worthy photography on her website.
- 1 cup 88 Acres Dark Chocolate Peppermint Sunflower Seed Butter
- 8 tablespoons butter (can sub for vegan butter), softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. dairy free & unsweetened milk of choice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Add Dark Chocolate Peppermint Sunflower Seed Butter to a large bowl with the softened butter and beat with a hand mixer on high speed for 3 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the cocoa powder, starting on low speed until fully incorporated, then increasing to high speed for another 30 seconds.
- Next, add the maple syrup, milk and vanilla, and beat for another 60 seconds.
- Transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes, then spread over your favorite cake recipe, bread, or pipe onto cupcakes!