Note: Dark Chocolate Peppermint Sunflower Seed Butter was a Limited Edition flavor in 2021, and is not currently available. If you can't wait to try this recipe, give it a try with our original Dark Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter and a dash of peppermint extract to taste, and tell us how it goes!
This vegan, festive Dark Chocolate Peppermint Mocha was created by Stephanie Steinhauser-Wampler (@stephanies.haus) and features our Limited Edition Dark Chocolate Peppermint Sunflower Seed Butter for the perfect touch of peppermint in your holiday mochas. This recipe serves two, so give it a try and share some joy this season. You can find more of her drool-worthy photography on her website.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup 88 Acres Dark Chocolate Peppermint Sunflower Seed Butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1Tbsp. maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract (to taste)
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
Optional toppings: dairy free whipped cream, crushed candy canes, chocolate shavings, sprinkles
- Brew coffee using your preferred method. For strong coffee, we used 8oz water + 16g of ground coffee.
- Add oat milk to a small pot over medium heat, then whisk in the cocoa powder until thoroughly combined and steaming.
- Stir in 88 Acres Dark Chocolate Peppermint Sunflower Seed Butter, salt, maple syrup and peppermint extract. Continue stirring until everything is smooth and combined.
- Add the mixture to a high-powered blender with the coffee. Leaving the lid cracked to prevent heat buildup, blend on high speed for 20-30 seconds until frothy.
- Pour into two mugs, add your desired toppings and enjoy!