Note: The Lime Cayenne Pumpkin Seed Butter was only available during the summer of 2018 and is no longer in stock. We hope that this recipe still inspires you to use Seed Butters in creative ways.
We’re swapping the traditional mayo-based sauce for a zesty, spicy sauce made with flavorful ingredients.
- 1 Box of Chickpea Cavatappi
- 1 Bag (3 Cups) Frozen Roasted Corn (we used Whole Foods brand)
- 3 Medium Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Large Avocado, diced
- ½ Bunch Parsley or Cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Cotija Cheese (optional)
- 6-8 Strips Smoked Bacon, chopped (optional)
- Lime Cayenne Seed Butter Sauce
- 1/2 Cup 88 Acres Lime Cayenne Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice (about 2 limes worth)
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil or Water
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Before cooking the Cavatappi, prepare the Lime Cayenne Seed Butter Sauce.
In a large bowl, combine Lime Cayenne Pumpkin Seed Butter, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil (or water) and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly to combine. Set aside.
Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain well and add immediately to the sauce. Toss pasta and sauce to distribute evenly, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
15 minutes before serving, thaw the frozen roasted corn according to package instructions. You could also make your own roasted corn on the grill or under the broiler, just make sure it’s cooled before continuing with the recipe.
Toss corn, onion, avocado, herbs and optional cheese and bacon toppings together in a large bowl. Serve immediately with a fresh squeeze of lime. Enjoy!