- 1.5 Lbs baby gold or yellow potatoes
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and black pepper, or to taste
Garlic Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1 Tbsp 88 Acres Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled (use less if you prefer a lighter garlic flavor)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt and black pepper (more or less to taste)
Rinse potatoes and arrange in a single layer in a large pot. Fill the pot with water until potatoes are just submerged. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes and remove from heat. Let potatoes dry while you preheat the oven to 450 degrees and prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Arrange potatoes on prepared sheet pan, leaving space between each potato. Using a heavy bottomed saucepan, gently press each potato until flattened to roughly ½ inch in height. Drizzle each smashed potato with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
While potatoes are roasting, add all pesto ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined and smooth.
Transfer potatoes to a serving dish and top with a drizzle of Garlic Pumpkin Seed Pesto. Serve with leftover pesto on the side.