Inspired by all those wonderfully mysterious fry sauces you’ve had on late-night food runs and cross-country road trips, this special sauce is all of your favorites in one. With Watermelon Seed Butter, mustard, vinegar, paprika, and pickles, is it any wonder we call this our Special Sauce? Spread it on burger buns, dip your fries in it, and feel good while doing so because this sauce is loaded with protein, iron, and essential vitamins and nutrients to balance out the guilty pleasures you’re likely to have it with.
- 1/4 cup Watermelon Seed Butter, Unsweetened
- Water to thin
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons bread and butter pickles, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Watermelon Seed Butter and water until it reaches a thick sauce consistency and has turned glossy. Add the vinegar, pickles, spices, mustard, and salt and stir to combine. Adjust the salt and vinegar as needed.