Grab a jar of Pumpkin Seed Butter for your next gathering! This savory snack mix is packed with crispy homemade chickpeas, bold ranch flavor, and a whole lot of crunch! Pretzels, rice chex, pumpkin seeds and chickpeas are coated in a zesty mix of seed butter and ranch for your new favorite savory snack.
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1 16oz can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups rice chex cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup 88 Acres Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 1 tbsp. ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (small for the chickpeas and large for the snack mix).
- Rinse chickpeas and allow to drain completely, then spread them over a kitchen towel, gently rolling them around to remove as much moisture as possible.
- For crispier chickpeas, remove all the skins by gently pinching each between your fingers to separate the skin from the chickpea. This will take some extra time but is well worth it!
- Gently roll the peeled chickpeas on the towel once more to remove any excess moisture, then transfer to baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt and toss to coat. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until nice and crispy.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the snack mix by combining chex, pretzels and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Toss to combine, then pour in the pumpkin seed butter.
- Gently toss for 1-2 minutes until the mix is evenly coated with seed butter. Add in the ranch seasoning and mustard powder and toss once more.
- Spread the mix onto the larger baking sheet into an even layer. Once chickpeas are fully roasted, remove from oven and change temperature to 300°F. Transfer snack mix to the oven, baking for 30 minutes, pausing to toss the mix halfway through.
- Once baked, allow to cool then transfer back to the mixing bowl and stir in the crispy chickpeas. Pour into a serving bowl and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.