We’ve taken classic Christmas Crack Candy and given it a New Year’s twist! Made with gluten free crackers, dark chocolate and seed butter, this salty chocolate crack is so delicious, you won’t even be able to tell that we’ve lightened it up for an allergy-friendly treat.
Yield: About 25 pieces
Total Time: 25 minutes + 2 hours chill time
- 35-40 Gluten-free crackers of choice, or enough to cover a 9x13 baking sheet
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup 88 Acres Dark Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter
- Festive sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 9x13 baking sheet with foil, then grease lightly.
- Cover the entire pan edge-to-edge with crackers, breaking some in half to fill in empty spaces as needed. Set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, melt butter together with brown sugar to create a caramel mixture, stirring frequently until butter is fully melted.
- Continue stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to boil, which should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the mixture is boiling and has started to darken, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Immediately pour over the crackers and gently spread into an even layer.
- Transfer baking sheet to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring between each until fully melted. Stir in the Dark Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter.
- Remove pan from the oven and as soon as the caramel is no longer bubbling, pour the chocolate seed butter mixture over top and spread evenly.
- Top with sprinkles, then transfer to the fridge to set for 2 hours or overnight. Once ready to serve, break the crack into bite-sized pieces, transfer to gift boxes or a serving dish and enjoy!