Your new favorite hot cocoa bomb recipe – made with seed butter and cleaner ingredients! Smooth Dark Chocolate Seed Butter, chocolate chips and plenty of marshmallows will have you sipping on this hot cocoa all season long. Just add a piping hot serving of your favorite plant-based milk, stir and indulge!
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. 88 Acres Dark Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- ¼ cup raw cane sugar
- ½ cup freeze-dried marshmallows
- Festive sprinkles
- 2-piece silicone mold set, enough to make 12 chocolate domes. This recipe makes six 2-inch bombs. The amount of chocolate needed will depend on the size/quantity of your molds.
- In a small bowl, combine cacao powder and raw cane sugar, stir and set aside.
- Melt half of the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring in between each until fully melted. Stir in 1 tbsp. of Dark Chocolate Seed Butter.
- Add about 1 tbsp. of melted chocolate into 6 of the silicone mold cavities, then use the back of a spoon to work the chocolate up the sides, being sure to fill in any gaps. Add more melted chocolate to each cavity as necessary until you have an even layer in each.
- Transfer the mold to the freezer, then repeat same steps for the other mold, melting the second half of the chocolate chips and mixing in the remaining tbsp. of seed butter.
- Once all 12 domes are fully set, add another small scoop of melted chocolate into each chocolate mold, working it up the sides. This will create a second layer of chocolate for thicker bombs to ensure they won’t break. Transfer to the freezer for another 20 minutes, or you can store in the refrigerator until you are ready to make the bombs.
- To assemble the bombs, preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (we recommend using 2 baking sheets to keep the process moving along!)
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and allow it to heat up for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the domes from the fridge/freezer and gently peel them out of the silicone molds. Divide the cacao/sugar mixture among 6 of the chocolate domes, then top with marshmallows.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place one of the empty domes onto the warm pan, just long enough for the top edges to melt a bit. We recommend wearing food-safe rubber gloves at this stage to prevent any fingerprints on the chocolate.
- Gently press the melted edge of chocolate onto another dome that has been filled with hot cocoa mix to seal them together. Repeat this step for the remaining 5 bombs, reheating the baking sheet in the oven as needed.
- Melt any leftover chocolate and drizzle over top of each hot cocoa bomb, then top with festive sprinkles.
- Store bombs in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. When ready for a mug of hot cocoa, place a bomb into the bottom of your mug, then pour hot milk over top to make it explode! Once chocolate is completely melted, stir and enjoy.