- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds, shelled
- 8 medjool dates
- ¾ cup Orange Cardamom Pumpkin Seed Butter
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts (optional)
1. Add pumpkin seeds to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Remove two tablespoons from the bowl and set aside.
2. Add dates, Orange Cardamom Pumpkin Seed Butter and kosher salt to the food processor and blend until ingredients are finely broken down and dough holds together when pressed between two fingers. If dough is too dry, add another date or two.
3. Scoop dough into the palm of your hand using rounded tablespoons or a 1-ounce disher. Roll the dough into a ball and place on a parchment- lined tray. Refrigerate dough balls while you prepare decorations.
4. Add chocolate chips to a shallow bowl and microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring well between each until chocolate is melted.
5. Add reserved chopped pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts (if using) to a small plate and toss to combine.
6. Remove dough balls from refrigerator and, working one at a time, dip each ball into the chocolate, covering roughly halfway. Then, press lightly into the chopped seed mixture. Return ball to the parchment and repeat with the remaining dough balls.
7. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate is set before serving.