If blended soups aren’t on your Fall menu rotation, you’ll want to make room for this easy Roasted Carrot & Ginger Spiced Soup! You’ll just need a pot and a blender to pull together this soup that’s ready to eat in less than an hour. Fresh carrots, ginger, fall-inspired spices and our Maple Sunflower Seed Butter make this a great healthy dinner that comes together in under an hour.
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled & diced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup 88 Acres Maple Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions, red pepper flakes, and sunflower seeds for topping
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, turmeric and nutmeg. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are soft and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in Maple Sunflower Seed Butter and lemon juice.
- Carefully transfer the soup to a large blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Return to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop into bowls and top with diced green onions, red pepper flakes and crunchy sunflower seeds!